Sitting on top of the world

Sitting on top of the world
Me and Bre at 3,000 feet

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Glorious Day!

July 10th 5:35pm

The conference we held went great! The teachers were so into it, and we were able to demonstrate some awesome strategies to get the kids out of their seats and motivated! I feel like for every frustrating moment here, I have a glorious one to make it better. Today was my last day of school until Monday, and since I have tomorrow off I'm going to take a boda to go visit the little peanuts in the primary school at Lacor, and I'm going to stop by the hospital to see if I can schedule a tour. Nothing like a hospital in Northern Uganda to give you the reality check you may need.

My schedule for the weekend looks like this...

I'm going to make tomorrow as productive as possible, with a trip to the Primary School, Lacor Hospital and a group reading to discuss out Shiza journal article that we read. Saturday I'm meeting at the IC House for a book discussion at 9am, and at 1pm we head over to Ft. Patiko, the settling place of Sir Samuel Baker. Sunday we have the "American Picnic" for us and our teachers and their families, and we're even going to set up a slip-n-slide for the kids! I'm going to make guacamole and some of us are going to try and make sausage dogs, I'm so pumped!

Next week starts my last 2 weeks of teaching in Gulu :) I can't say it enough, time FLY's here! I can already taste the cheesedogs that I know my Aunts are going to make for me!

Thank you so much everyone for your comments, love and support, I miss you all so much!

No comments: